Posted on: 28 March 2016
Having acne can be embarrassing. It transforms the appearance of your face and neck. And if not treated, acne can even leave deep scars or pock marks on your face that can be challenging to remove later in life. Fortunately, there are many different ways to treat acne. If you are short on cash or don't want to run out to the store, here are a few ways you can treat your acne with items you likely already have at home.
Baking soda helps to neutralize the pH balance of your face. This can prevent it from getting to oily or too dry, both of which can cause acne. Before using baking soda, clean your face thoroughly to remove any dirt and build-up on your face. This allows the baking soda to sit directly on your skin. Once your face is clean, follow these steps to make a baking soda mask:
- Combine eight tablespoons of baking soda with four tablespoons of warm water in a bowl. When combined, a paste-like mixture should take shape. If the mixture is too watery, add a bit more baking soda. If it is too powdery, add a bit more water.
- Apply the mixture directly to any pimples on your face.
- Allow the mixture to dry completely on the acne. After the mixture has dried, or 15 minutes has lapsed, clean your face with a dampened soft cloth. Repeat this process up to two times a day until your acne clears.
Honey contains a variety of antioxidants, minerals and vitamins that can help to improve your skin and rid your face of zits. When possible, use organic, raw honey. This honey hasn't been processed and contains more of these items than processed honey, helping you to better fight acne. Follow these steps to use honey to cure your pimples:
- Wash your face using a facial cleansing soap. Do not use soap that isn't formulated for the face. It can dry your face out, which can cause more acne or skin irritation.
- Apply a pea-sized drop of honey to a clean cotton ball. Rub the honey into any zits or problem spots you may have.
- Allow the honey to sit on the affected area for 30 minutes. If you have large or stubborn zits, cover the affected area with a band-aid and allow the honey to sit on the spot overnight.
- Rinse the area with warm water to remove the honey. Once the honey is removed, rinse your face with cool water to close your pores. Repeat this process daily until the acne is gone.
If you are dealing with acne, lemon may be a great product for you to use on your face. Lemon juice is a natural bleach, helping to lighten dark acne scars and reduce redness. Lemon is acidic, and it kills bacteria that may cause acne. And lemon exfoliates the skin while also controlling oil, helping to naturally unclog pores and remove dead skin that can cause zits. Follow these steps to use lemon to treat your acne:
- Wash your face thoroughly with your preferred mild face soap.
- Cut a lemon in half and squeeze the juice out of it into a bowl. Save the other half of the lemon for another night.
- Dip a clean cotton ball into the lemon juice. Apply the lemon juice to any areas on your face that are discolored due to acne, have acne scars or have acne present.
- Allow the lemon juice to soak into your skin overnight.
- Rinse your face with cool water in the morning to remove the lemon juice. Pat your face dry. Repeat this process nightly until your acne is gone.
There are many different ways you can go about removing acne from your face. Using baking soda, honey and lemon are just three of the ways you can do so. However, despite your best efforts, you may find that you are unable to clear up all of the acne on your own. In this case you may be dealing with acne caused by an excess of hormones. If you have tried to remove your acne and have been unable to do so, schedule an appointment with a skin doctor or a dermatologist at a clinic like Dermatology Surgery Center. They can prescribe you prescription strength products that can help you fight and win your battle against acne, giving you the clear skin you desire.Share